"...The initial doctor's report confirmed the man had bruises in the areas he claimed he was hit...."
And the police is sending the man for a second medical examination - and we wonder why they have to wait until JUNE for the results.
Sadly, no indication of any suspects, arrests, etc....or will that all happen after the results of the 2nd medical examination in June...
A speedy investigation is what we need for all these cases - and the alleged perpetrators must be investigated now...not later.
Can be look at the CCTV recordings in the police station, so that we can get clear evidence of the alleged torture... oops that may not be possible because the CCTV in police stations do not have recording capabilities...mmm
KUALA LUMPUR: A 30-year-old man has lodged a report claiming he was abused by four policemen while in custody, less than a week after the death of A. Kugan.
The incident was alleged to have taken place while the man, a suspect in several robberies, was being held in remand at the Negri Sembilan police headquarters between Jan 22 and 26.
Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Osman Salleh said the man claimed to be sick and asked to be taken to hospital five days ago.
"We escorted him to the Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital where he lodged a police report at the beat base there," he said at the Titiwangsa Police Golf Course here yesterday. The man claimed he had been hit on the neck, hands and legs.
The alleged abuse came just days after the Jan 20 death of Kugan, a suspected member of a car theft syndicate, while being interrogated at the USJ8 police station in Subang Jaya.
A post-mortem report stated Kugan died of fluid in the lungs but a second post-mortem has since been performed. Police are awaiting the results of this examination before submitting the investigation papers to Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail, who had classified the case as murder.
Eleven policemen from the station were transferred to the Selangor police headquarters and put on desk duty pending the results of the investigation.
On the report in Seremban, Osman said police sent the alleged victim for a full medical check-up. The initial doctor's report confirmed the man had bruises in the areas he claimed he was hit.
He said police had requested a second medical examination to determine if the bruises were sustained recently. "We will have to wait until June to get the report."
Osman said the man had also told police that he was involved in an accident two years ago and had sustained injuries to his neck and leg.
He was released on police bail on Wednesday pending investigations.
Osman said police would investigate the allegations thoroughly and take action against the four policemen if they had abused the man.- New Straits Times, 1/2/2009, Cops hit me, robbery suspect claims